Bronze representations of the two famous sculptures representing “Les Chevaux de Marly” with a horse rearing and groom trying to control it. The originals in Carrara marble, executed between 1743 and 1745 by Guillaume Coustou are now in the Louvre. They were commissioned by Louis XV to decorate the watering place located at the entrance of the castle of Marly.
These are late 19th or early 20th century. Coustou’s signature is copied at the bases. H. 12″, w. 10.5″, d. 4.25″.